William A. Gengler concentrates his practice on complex business and environmental law and litigation. He has also represented both plaintiffs and defendants in class action litigation.
- Miller & Graham v. Ramsey County Sheriff Matthew Bostrom & County of Ramsey, No. 11-cv-2401 (D. Minn.). Represented defendants against claims of First Amendment retaliatory discharge by two former Ramsey County Sheriff's deputies.
- Regents of the University of Minnesota v. Metropolitan Council, No. 27-09-23445 (Hennepin Cty. Dist. Ct.). Represented regional government entity in complex environmental litigation involving construction of light rail transit line.
- Dennis Peterson, et al. v. Mark Ritchie, et al., No. 62-09-56 (Ramsey Cty. Dist. Ct.). Represented individual voters in petition to have absentee ballots counted in 2008 U.S. Senate Election Recount.
- United States, et al. v. Wimmer's Meat Products, Inc. et al., No. 8:08-00293 (D. Neb.)
- Nerland, et al. v. Caribou Coffee Company, Inc., No. 05-1847 (D. Minn.)
- Ben Oehrleins and Sons and Daughter v. Hennepin County, 115 F.3d 1372 (8th Cir.)
Active supporter and volunteer for Minnesota trail races, including the Afton Trail Run and Superior Trail Races; Habitat for Humanity volunteer.
- William Mitchell College of Law, 1990, cum laude
- Augustana College, 1976, magna cum laude
- Ohio University, 1977, honors
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court